Pedicures with a Difference
After months in socks and boots, it is almost time to bring your feet out of hibernation, ready to embrace the warm summer days in flip flops and sandals – but are your feet healthy and ready to be seen by all?
A ‘medical’ pedicure is the perfect way to start your journey towards healthy feet.
- Carried out by a fully qualified podiatrist who is highly trained in identifying foot conditions and treating them.
- Combines the luxury of a traditional pedicure with the added benefit of a skilled podiatrist/chiropodist addressing callus, corns, thickened nails and everything else in between.
- Allows patients of all ages, with varying medical histories, both male and female the opportunity to enjoy a luxurious spa treatment.
There are many health benefits to having pedicures:
- Regular checks on your feet, will help prevent infection, both bacterial and fungal. If the podiatrist notices any sign of infection, they will address and advise a treatment plan.
- Exfoliation removes dead skin cells, promoting new cell growth, leaving your feet feeling soft and refreshed.
- Massage helps with circulation and the moisturising benefits of oils and creams rehydrate and improves flexibility of dry skin.
- Relaxation – The combination of your feet being perfected by a professional, followed by exfoliation and massage whilst you sit back and relax, is great for your feet and for your mind and body too.
Do you suffer from arthritic aches and pains?
Some podiatrists may also incorporate a single use warm paraffin wax therapy treatment, which increases blood flow, tolerance for pain, relaxes muscles and increases hydration to the skin, making it an ideal treatment for patients with arthritic and rheumatic conditions. This moisturises and softens the skin while providing a therapeutic and healing effect to sore and aching joints. It has also been reported to help with eczema and psoriasis.
So before the sun starts shining, get ahead and ensure your feet are refreshed and ready to face the summer, get your feet booked in for a bit of TLC with your local podiatrist.
The Foot Room in Longridge offers Prende Foot Spa treatments, ‘medical’ pedicure and paraffin wax treatments. Call NOW to book your appointment – 01772 378812